1. PRIVACY STATEMENT Our policies and practices have been designed to comply with the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (the “Act”) and any other relevant privacy legislation.
Gnxcor respects the privacy of each individual with whom it comes into contact as a user of the Platform Services. Gnxcor will not rent or sell any of your personal information to any organization or individual unless you give us permission to do so.
2. PERSONAL INFORMATION Personal information is information that refers to an individual specifically and that is recorded in any form. Personal information includes such things as age, income, date of birth, ethnic origin and credit records but does not include aggregated data from which the identity of an individual cannot be determined. Information about individuals contained in the following documents is not considered personal information:
In order for the Platform Services to work for all parties, we need to communicate with you. To do this, we require your email address. In order to establish your customer account, we also require certain registration data. We may also request additional information to better provide you with the Platform Services.
Gnxcor does not collect any other personal information that you do not expressly provide. If you do not want your personal information collected, do not provide it to us. If you have already submitted the information and would like us to remove it from our records, or you would like to know what information is held in our records or wish to have any of the information updated or modified, please contact us at the address set forth below. Gnxcor will not disclose your personal information to any third party without your consent, except as detailed below.
3. USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Gnxcor may use and/or maintain records of your personal information such as your name, address and other registration data, current location, job title and/or other unique personal identifiers, as the case may be, to provide and facilitate use of the Platform Services.
Gnxcor identifies the purpose for which your personal information is collected and will be used or disclosed. If that purpose is not listed below, we will do this before or at the time the information is actually being collected. You will be deemed to consent to our use of your personal information for the purpose of:
We may also maintain and use records of such information to send you updates and news about Gnxcor. If you do not want to receive updates, newsletters or other notifications from us, please let us know by emailing us at the email address set forth below. Alternatively, you can opt out of receiving further communications from us by using the response mechanism in our communications with you.
Any personal information or content that you voluntarily disclose while using the Platform Services, which can be viewed by other users thereof, becomes publicly viewable and can be collected and used by others.
Due to the global nature of the Internet, you may be transferring your personal information to countries outside of your jurisdiction of residence, whose legal systems do not offer the same protection for your data as the laws of your jurisdiction of residence.
4. USAGE INFORMATION In addition to collecting personal information, Gnxcor and our third party service providers may also use a variety of technologies that collect non-personal, aggregated information about customers’ and users’ use of the Platform Services. Usage Information may include the browser you are using, all of the areas within the Platform Services that you visit, and the time of day, among other information. This information is not personally identifiable and will only be used to find out how its customers and users use the Platform Services. For example, this information may tell us how much time Customers spend on the Platform Services. The collection of this information allows us, among other things, to create new features, prepare for traffic load demands and to efficiently distribute communications.
5. EMAIL COMMUNICATIONS From time to time we may send you e-mail with information and/or special offers that we believe would be of interest to you. All such communications shall be made in full compliance with Canada’s Anti-Spam Legislation. If you do not wish to receive e-mail you can notify Gnxcor at any time of your preference. Gnxcor may use a reputable third party to deliver email. Such third party is under a contractual requirement to keep all personal information confidential and to only use any personal information for the sole purpose of sending you email on behalf of Gnxcor and to return any personal information once their services are completed.
6. SHARING INFORMATION Except with your consent and as set out herein, we will not sell, license, trade or disclose your personal information to or with others.
We may disclose or share non-personally identifiable information with partners, advertisers or prospective partners or advertisers to help explain our business and the effectiveness of our business or for promotional purposes. For example, we may disclose aggregated demographic information which does not include any personally identifiable information.
Gnxcor reserves the right to disclose personal information to a third party if a law, regulation, search warrant, subpoena or court order legally requires or authorizes us to do so.
Gnxcor also reserves the right to disclose and/or transfer personal information to a third party in the event of a proposed or actual purchase, sale (including a liquidation, realization, foreclosure or repossession), lease, merger, amalgamation or any other type of acquisition, disposal, transfer, conveyance or financing of all or any portion of Gnxcor or of any of the business or assets or shares of Gnxcor or a division thereof. Gnxcor will secure an undertaking from any such third party to treat the disclosed and/or transferred personal information with the same degree of diligence as had been previously provided by Gnxcor.
7. ACCURACY AND RETENTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION Gnxcor endeavours to ensure that any personal information in its possession is as accurate, current and complete as necessary for the purposes for which we use that information. If we become aware that personal information is inaccurate, incomplete or out of date, we will revise the personal information.
We keep your personal information only as long as it is required for the reasons it was collected. The length of time we retain information varies, depending on the purpose for which it was collected and the nature of the information. This period may extend beyond the end of your relationship with us, but it will be only for so long as it is necessary for us to have sufficient information to respond to any issues that may arise at a later date.